Yes! We are still open, and we are a safe place to provide care for your teeth!
Maybe it is coming up to your 3, 6 or 12 monthly routine appointment, or you are having trouble with a tooth? You may be considering that we are in the middle of a pandemic and naturally worrying about attending a dental appointment? Fortunately, we have safe and strict COVID-19 specific protocols, enhanced PPE and regulator approved guidelines in place which allow us to remain open to continue providing you with the dental care you require to be considered dentally fit and healthy. Be it routine treatment or oral hygiene, as long as you are not shielding, we will see you to maintain your dental health.
The practice was initially closed like many businesses at the beginning of the first national lockdown for 3 months (across March, April, May, and June), on our return and over the past months since we have been prioritising emergency treatments. However, we are here for more than just emergencies! Most of our work is done whilst you have your routine examination. We also provide you with the following:
- Check your teeth for any cavities
- Provide a mouth cancer screening
- Following health guidelines, we apply a gel known as fluoride gel which is used to prevent your teeth from getting any of those nasty cavities
- Check for any other signs like tooth wear and even teeth grinding
- Check your periodontal (gum) health
We have been able to find cavities and any other problems affecting your teeth or mouth just in time to avoid you having to lose that tooth and have an extraction, we will also refer you if we spot anything abnormal for further specialist investigation and can provide those with an increase in stress (maybe due to our current lockdown lifestyle) which really does not help prevent teeth breaking.
If you are in a vulnerable group or you would rather avoid coming into the practice, maybe even you cannot get here? We are still here to help, and we are more than happy for one of our friendly team members to give you a call and discuss any concerns you may have. We can provide you with advice and if necessary, antibiotics cover.
Did you know?
- As a dental plan member, we will provide you with an examination, the necessary x-rays (if these are due) and if we can, we will provide you with treatment in that appointment meaning you may not need to return for another 6 months!
- If you visit the practice for an emergency appointment, we will provide you with the treatment necessary to complete it in 1 appointment which means no need to return for a second appointment
- Our hygienists are available over all 7 days a week to provide you with care for your gum health
So how do I know my visit will be safe?
As a team we have worked as hard as possible to provide our patients and staff with the safest of measures.
What to expect when you call to book an appointment with us:
- One of our reception team members will ask you a couple of questions in relation to COVID-19. They will ask what appointment you are wanting to book, if you or anyone in your household are required to shield, a high-risk patient, if you have suffered any Covid-19 related symptoms and/or travelled abroad within the past two weeks; this helps our reception team, and you to know if you should visit the practice or not
- Once they have gone through the above with you, they will then explain our current protocol of what you should do when attending your appointment
What you can expect when visiting the practice:
- We have a system in place where no patients will cross over and there will be no more than 4x patients with the social distance measure in place in the reception and waiting area at any one time
- All our staff are wearing the highest required level of PPE for each and every appointment, a protocol we have been following from the very beginning of the pandemic
- We have extended our appointment time lengths so that we have enough fallow time to thoroughly clean and decontaminate our surgeries and equipment between each appointment
- We ask you attend your appointment alone unless this is not possible i.e. you have a carer or guardian
Please give our friendly team call or email!
If you are having any dental or oral health related problems, if you are in need of advice or if you are wondering what our current guidelines are for attending appointments please do get in touch with a member of our reception team who will be more than happy to help you.
Please be aware that due to a large increase in both calls and emails for appointments and the additional safety measures we currently have in place, dealing with each individual patient enquiry is taking longer than usual. Feel free to give us a call on 0117 910 59 29.
Therefore, please can you help us by emailing if you cannot get through on the telephone explaining the nature of your query and let us know of any reason why you may not be able to attend to via – [email protected]
A member of our reception team will get back to you as soon as possible.
On behalf of all the team at The Bristol Dental Practice we thank you for you understanding patience, kind support and ongoing attendance. Indeed, we send our best wishes to you and your loved ones during these uncertain times. Please remember that things will get better and we will always be here for you and your dental needs.
Thank you, we look forward to seeing you soon!