If you have sensitive teeth and want a brighter, whiter smile, then air polishing is for you. Your dental hygienist can quickly and effectively remove unwanted stains on the front and back of your teeth with very little discomfort.
How Does Air Polishing Work?
The procedure uses a jet of compressed air, water and fine particles to gently and completely remove staining caused by the everyday consumption of things like tea, coffee and tobacco.
Is Air Polishing Right For You?
Your hygienist will conduct a patient interview and document your assessment. This will include your medical history so as to identify any contraindications. Your wellbeing is our top priority. We will encourage you to tell us about your specific needs and goals so that we can aim to exceed your expectations.
Why Choose The Bristol
Open 7 Days
We are Bristol’s
only 7 day dental
We are available
when it suits you
Interest free finance
Highly trained multidisciplinary
team of dentists
Established for over
At The End Of Your Air Polishing
You will be asked to rinse your mouth thoroughly and your hygienist will floss your teeth, check for any remaining stains, and the process repeats as necessary.
Reduce Your Teeth Sensitivity
Help keep your teeth stain-free with a regular air polishing treatment and take care to reduce your teeth sensitivity by maintaining good oral hygiene. Don’t brush too hard, and use toothpaste for sensitive teeth.
The team at The Bristol Dental Practice is happy to talk with you about other procedures that may help reduce your tooth sensitivity. We can offer advice such as which mouth rinses can help and which sealers can cover exposed roots.
How Does Air Polishing Compare to
Traditional Cleaning Methods?
- Removes up to 100% of dental plaque, thereby helping to prevent decay, gingivitis and gum disease
- Can be used on dental implants
- Far more effective than a traditional polish
- No heat generated by the procedure
- No contact with the teeth, or pressure against the teeth
- Leaves teeth with an evenly smooth surface
- Removes the toughest stains caused by eating and drinking
- A fast and effective treatment to brighten sensitive teeth