All On 4 enables a whole set of permanent teeth to be fixed in place by just four dental implants in each arch. It’s suitable for patients struggling with dentures that move, large gaps or failing natural teeth.
The outcomes of this treatment are
often life changing because all on 4:
Preventing bone loss
When a tooth is lost, the bone it was rooted to is no longer needed and begins to recede. Patients can lose as much as a quarter of their jaw bone ridge width within a year, and with all the teeth gone there is likely to be a noticeable ageing effect as the facial structure changes.
Preventing the ageing effect
Without a dental implant solution for multiple tooth loss the face can change considerably. The undesirable side-effects might include:
- facial height collapse, making the nose appear larger, and vertical lines on the face can deepen, while lip definition flattens
- deteriorating bite. Apart from storing up future problems with headaches and jaw and neck pain this can create a permanent scowl expression, even in a state of rest
- the chin rotating forward, which in combination with the jutting nose can produce a so called “witch’s chin” appearance
- muscles in the lower jaw being affected, creating jowls as the tissue sags
- loss of tone in muscles around the mouth and a pronounced upper lip, with more wrinkles appearing around the mouth
Why Choose The Bristol
Open 7 Days
We are Bristol’s
only 7 day dental
We are available
when it suits you
Interest free finance
Highly trained multidisciplinary
team of dentists
Established for over
What happens in a consultation
for all on 4?
The clinician will examine how much bone is available and ask about the patient’s preference regarding surgery. If they would like to minimise surgery and avoid sinus lifts, and they have large gaps, failing teeth or have been wearing full dentures, All On 4 may be recommended. All On 4 treatments avoid sinus lifts because the implants are placed at an angle into the jawbone.
What happens during all on 4
The implants are spread around the dental arch to spread the stress on the fixtures, which are case dependent and patient specific. The patient receives any necessary extractions of failing teeth and has the implants placed, walking out with a full set of new teeth fixed to their implants on the same day, hence the treatment is also known as teeth in a day.
These teeth are not the final permanent fixed teeth, they are temporary fixed restorations that restore confidence and the ability to eat, giving the jawbone time to fuse around the implants. About three months later, once the bone is completely healed, new implant bridges can be made.
Benefits of all on 4 treatment at
The Bristol Dental Practice
See some of our cases,
before and after
Referrals for all on 4
We’re always happy to receive referrals for any of our dental services, we treat routine to very complex cases and we also help extremely nervous patients who require sedation in order to access dental treatment.