Lockdown update 5th January 2021:
Following the Government announcement on the 4th January 2021 that we are again in a National lockdown, we can confirm that we will remain open and all appointments can go ahead as planned.
Please be assured that we have strict protocols in place to keep you safe whilst you are at the practice.
If you have tested positive for Covid-19, have symptoms or in a household/self isolation period please contact the clinic to reschedule. This also applies to those who are considered extremely vulnerable or advised to shield for medical reasons.
We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.
Covid update 5th November.
FOLLOWING THE RECENT GOVERNMENT UPDATE AND ENTERING A NEW LOCKDOWN PHASE FROM THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER, WE WILL CONTINUE TO REMAIN OPEN AND PROVIDE DENTAL CARE AS PER THE CURRENT GUIDELINES FOLLOWING EXISTING PROTOCOLS ALREADY IN PLACE.
Our community has been through a lot over the past few months. Whilst many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
As part of our return to providing care, you will see some changes when you next visit us. We have made these changes to help protect patients, and our team.
As we are sure you can appreciate the practice will be following an updated attendance policy in line with legislation and guidance. As such there are several changes for patients to be aware of:
– Patients can only be seen by appointment in order that we are able to maintain social distancing requirements within the practice
– We will ask you to complete a verbal Covid Screening assessment and medical update before attending. Our team will brief you on the protocol & what to expect when you attend the practice
– Occasionally, before attending a dentist may wish to have a telephone consultation with you to assess your problem to plan treatment before you attend
– Please travel alone and avoid public transport if possible. We ask you to arrive on time, no more than five minutes before your scheduled appointment to minimise contact whilst socially distancing
– On arrival, we ask you to knock & wait for a member of the team to greet you. Your temperature will be taken before entering the building using a no-touch thermometer. If your temperature is above 37.8°C, you will be unable to enter the practice and will be asked to return home and self-isolate as per current government guidelines
– You will be asked to sanitise your hands-on arrival and wear a surgical mask that we will provide
– Payment for treatment should be made using a debit or credit card to allow a contactless transaction
All our staff are wearing enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE) in line with current recommendations and guidelines.
We apologise in advance for the necessary reduction in social interaction that this will necessitate.
Whilst our PPE may make us appear impersonal and distant, please be assured we are still the same friendly, smiling team underneath it all!
If we feel that you are at risk of having possibly been infected, even if you are asymptomatic, we will respectfully request you to delay booking any appointments with us for at least one month.
If you are a patient in a vulnerable group, are self-isolating, or are shielding at present you should continue to do so but please do contact us for advice if you have a dental problem.
Thank you all for your patience and continued support, we look forward to welcoming you back!
The Bristol Dental Practice